The workshop program will be made up of presentations by invited speakers in the morning and the afternoons will be dedicated to discussions and poster presentations by all participants.
List of Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Maggie Anguelova, Naval Research Laboratory, USA: In situ measurements of air-sea fluxes in support of ocean remotesensing
- Kai Christensen, Norwegian Meteorological Institute, Norway: Impact of surfactants on surface waves and wave drift
- Michael Cunliffe, Marine Biological Association, UK: Do we need biology and ecology to understand ocean-atmosphere exchange?
- Kyla Drushka, Applied Physics Laboratory, Seattle, USA: Impacts of rainfall on the upper ocean
- Anja Engel, GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany: The organic matter composition of the sea surface microlayer in response to increasing wind speed and potential implications for air-sea exchange processes
- Luisa Galgani, University of Siena, Italy: The sea-surface microlayer: biogenic composition in a changing climate
- Ilan Koren, Weizmann Institute, Israel: Clouds in the SOLAS system
- Peter Liss, University of East Anglia, UK: SOLAS: Reflections on the Journey to the Frontiers in Ocean-Atmosphere Exchange of Mass and Energy
- Anna Rutgersson, Uppsala University, Sweden: Water-side convection, and the impact on air-sea gas exchange
- Rik Wanninkhof, AOML/NOAA, USA: Advances in estimating anthropogenic CO2 uptake by the ocean